Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Riker James Grier

Around 1:30 a.m. the phone rings…its TJ…”we’re at the hospital, Lisa thinks she's in labor…but they probably won’t keep her” I hear Arlon say, “well call us when you know”.  Now of course I am not going back to sleep.  I have plane tickets for 2 1/2 weeks later to go and be there when Lisa delivers.  Why can’t people just keep to the plan.  An hour goes by no phone call, so I finally call back. TJ…”oh yeah they’re admitting her now”  I find it interesting he calls to tell us they will probably send her home but not to say they’re keeping her.  Must be new dad brain freeze.  So at 3:00 in the morning I am changing tickets looking for a flight that I won’t have to sell this new baby to pay for, and I get the next phone call…Lisa…”he’s breech, they are taking him cesarean…and she crying…alot!  Every mothers nightmare, your daughter finally needs you and you are several states away.  But we talked, she said she would call Lindsey who lives an hour away, but I knew she would come so Lisa could have family with her, I changed flights and at 7:00a.m. I am on a plane for Ohio.  TJ picked me up at the airport and I meet Riker.

IMG_0254

So cute, so small, (but then any baby after Brody looks small) and Mom and baby are great. (TJ was a little proud too!) 

 IMG_0272

He face always seems to have just a little bit of attitude……………….  But he has hair!

IMG_0251 IMG_0260

Being the grandma…I get to help with babies first bath…Its tradition.  My mom always gave my girls their first bath.  which really isn’t a bath because you can’t stick them in the tub and let them float around, which from the looks of things, Riker might have enjoyed that more. 

IMG_0267 IMG_0265

But after mean ole mom finished splashing water all over the poor boy, and we rubbed the magic lotion on him to give him that new baby smell, Grandma got to sooth him and become his favorite.  There is a method to my madness.

IMG_0270    IMG_0274                    Notice the cute baby mittens to keep him from scratching his face…I think my girls got socks on their hands.  

On her blog Lisa described herself as and orange on a toothpick…that is an untruth.. she was perfect… and next to this drunken sailor next to her… he can only hope gets some of her genes!

We’re still waiting to see if his eyes darken up.  I never went through that with the girls they were either born with brown eyes, or suspicious blue eyes!  (good thing Lindsey had great-grandparents with blue eyes)  Verdict is  Really cute kids begat cute kids…Love you Lisa, TJ and Riker!

 Top IMG_0271 Top baby TJ[3]                              

 

0 comments: